Faculty Success Program
The Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement (OVPFA) has partnered with individual academic units to support the participation of 9 regular rank faculty members in the National Center for Faculty Development’s (NCFDD) 2018 Faculty Success Program. This professional development program provides tenure-track and tenure faculty with strategies to increase their research productivity, get control of their time, and live a full and healthy life beyond our campus. Moreover, the program is meant to improve research productivity through intense accountability, coaching, and peer support and to propel their work-life balance and personal growth to a whole new level.
- A Supportive Community
NCFDD forms a community to support your success where you can interact with other program participants, ask questions, get feedback, share resources, exchange ideas.
- Weekly Training
You have access to weekly training modules where you learn empirically-tested skills, strategies, and practices that will help you to align your time and spark your productivity.
- Time Tracking
Using the custom WriteNow platform designed specifically for the Faculty Success Program, you collect data regarding your own writing and research productivity.
- Tenured Faculty Coaches
Each group is joined by an NCFDD-Certified Productivity Coach who has completed the program, seen transformation in their own work, and is an active faculty member.
- Accountability Calls
Each week, you will also have a small group call led by an NCFDD-Certified Productivity Coach where you set goals and are held accountable for meeting those goals.
Master Coaching Sessions
For those times when you could use some individualized support, NCFDD offers one-on-one private coaching sessions with an NCFDD-Certified Master Coach.
Tenure-Track and Tenure Faculty
Learn How To
- Start the term with an achievable set of personal and professional goals as well as a realistic plan to meet them
- Develop a consistent, healthy, and sustainable daily writing routine
- Move forward in developing the publication profile that will exceed your institution's promotion criteria
- Align your time with your institution's priorities and your personal values
- Master best practices in academic time management
- Identify your resistance and develop a set of strategies to move through it
- Nourish your physical and emotional health
- Enjoy a full life beyond campus
- Participate in an intensely supportive community that processes day-to-day challenges, pushes individuals when they need it, and celebrates members' successes as they occur