National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) Faculty Success Matching Program
Designed for tenure-track and tenured faculty who would like to maintain and improve their research productivity and time management, the program will use coaching, peer support, and accountability to help faculty reach their goals. The Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement provides Duke schools with matching funds for participation in the NCFDD Faculty Success Program. Interested faculty should contact their departments and schools.
- A Supportive Community
NCFDD forms a community to support your success where you can interact with other program participants, ask questions, get feedback, share resources, exchange ideas.
- Weekly Training
You have access to weekly training modules where you learn empirically-tested skills, strategies, and practices that will help you to align your time and spark your productivity.
- Time Tracking
Using the custom WriteNow platform designed specifically for the Faculty Success Program, you collect data regarding your own writing and research productivity.
- Tenured Faculty Coaches
Each group is joined by an NCFDD-Certified Productivity Coach who has completed the program, seen transformation in their own work, and is an active faculty member.
- Accountability Calls
Each week, you will also have a small group call led by an NCFDD-Certified Productivity Coach where you set goals and are held accountable for meeting those goals.
Master Coaching Sessions
For those times when you could use some individualized support, NCFDD offers one-on-one private coaching sessions with an NCFDD-Certified Master Coach.
Learn How To
- Start the term with an achievable set of personal and professional goals as well as a realistic plan to meet them
- Develop a consistent, healthy, and sustainable daily writing routine
- Move forward in developing the publication profile that will exceed your institution's promotion criteria
- Align your time with your institution's priorities and your personal values
- Master best practices in academic time management
- Identify your resistance and develop a set of strategies to move through it
- Nourish your physical and emotional health
- Enjoy a full life beyond campus
- Participate in an intensely supportive community that processes day-to-day challenges, pushes individuals when they need it, and celebrates members' successes as they occur
Haven't joined NCFDD?