Faculty Success Program
The Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Advancement (OFA) has partnered with individual academic units to support the participation of 9 regular rank faculty members in the National Center for Faculty Development’s (NCFDD) 2018 Faculty Success Program. This professional development program provides tenure-track and tenure faculty with strategies to increase their research productivity, get control of their time, and live a full and healthy life beyond our campus. Moreover, the program is meant to improve research productivity through intense accountability, coaching, and peer support and to propel their work-life balance and personal growth to a whole new level.
Early registration for the Summer 2019 Faculty Success Program
May 19th - August 10th, 2019
Registration starts on March 25, 2019
- A Supportive Community
NCFDD forms a community to support your success where you can interact with other program participants, ask questions, get feedback, share resources, exchange ideas.
- Weekly Training
You have access to weekly training modules where you learn empirically-tested skills, strategies, and practices that will help you to align your time and spark your productivity.
- Time Tracking
Using the custom WriteNow platform designed specifically for the Faculty Success Program, you collect data regarding your own writing and research productivity.
- Tenured Faculty Coaches
Each group is joined by an NCFDD-Certified Productivity Coach who has completed the program, seen transformation in their own work, and is an active faculty member.
- Accountability Calls
Each week, you will also have a small group call led by an NCFDD-Certified Productivity Coach where you set goals and are held accountable for meeting those goals.
- Master Coaching Sessions
For those times when you could use some individualized support, NCFDD offers one-on-one private coaching sessions with an NCFDD-Certified Master Coach.
Tenure-Track and Tenure Faculty
Learn How To
- Start the term with an achievable set of personal and professional goals as well as a realistic plan to meet them
- Develop a consistent, healthy, and sustainable daily writing routine
- Move forward in developing the publication profile that will exceed your institution's promotion criteria
- Align your time with your institution's priorities and your personal values
- Master best practices in academic time management
- Identify your resistance and develop a set of strategies to move through it
- Nourish your physical and emotional health
- Enjoy a full life beyond campus
- Participate in an intensely supportive community that processes day-to-day challenges, pushes individuals when they need it, and celebrates members' successes as they occur